Thought of the day

I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Government's promises are like the Ringgit, they depreciate with time.



Saturday, March 8, 2008

GE2008

Attended an irrelevant training yesterday which occupied the whole day. In the end, I was stucked at the custom like thousands of others Malaysians, rushing home at the last minute for the General Election. Coupled with the beefed up security inspection due to recent Jemaah Islamiah (JI) leader, Mas Selamat bin Kastari's escape which panicked the little red dot, things just couldn't get any worst.

Thanks to my access card, I managed to pass through the custom much faster than those holding a passport. Instead of waiting for a bus to cross the Causeway, I opted to walk across after witnessing some uncivilised Neanderthals halting a bus, jostling and elbowing each other to board the bus, not forgetting to spit the F*ck word at each other.

Many hundreds more Bolehland patriots like me, marched across the Causeway, as if we were the 300 Spartans marching for a cause greater than anything. To exercise our rights, to make our voice heard by the incompetent leaders. As the sun set over the horizon, I was glad to be home after the 10 minutes walk.

Dad and little sis came to ferry me home, along the road slicing through the oil palm estates in the dark, we chit-chatted heartily and aligned our consensus.

And this morning, my little sis and I went to the polling station after a light breakfast. To my chagrin, the process was fairly fast and smooth. Nonetheless, I was wondering why there had to be 6 person stationed in one polling station:
  • 1 person to check and announce voter's name;
  • 1 to rip the voting tickets;
  • Another to exquisitely fold the tickets into half;
  • 1 sitting beside the transparent poll boxes;
  • 2 personnels (representatives from the competing parties) to monitor the process;
  • 1 leader overseeing the entire process.

Ok, so now let's wait for the polling results.

No comments: