Thought of the day

I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Government's promises are like the Ringgit, they depreciate with time.



Friday, April 6, 2012

Kaya Butter Crackers

I still remember the times San Yi (3rd maternal aunt) prepared those delicious crackers when we were young. She would first spread a layer of Planta's sinful margerine butter on the crackers, then bring those crackers to Grandpa's grocery shop, take a pinch of sugar and sprinkle on the buttered surface. Within seconds, we would each run off with a piece and happily nibble away. All those joy cost almost nothing but a few Malaysian cents.

Fast forward to today, four pieces of kaya butter crackers cost a staggering S$1.60 (~RM3.90)!

This my friend, is a simple lesson to Inflation :p

No comments: