Thought of the day

I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Government's promises are like the Ringgit, they depreciate with time.



Monday, April 19, 2010

For Dummies

My dear friend, Akunamatata, one of the author of the For Dummies series recently finished his write-up on "Name of Large Numbers and what they really mean For Dummies". Thinking that there's a potential large market in Malaysia where most people can't differentiate between million and billion, he sent me a copy of his book and sought for my opinion.

"My ol' friend, not all Malaysians have this problem. But if you were to market this book to the government sector, I think they will surely pay you handsomely for solving one of their major problems. And maybe once they understood the numbers, they would probably spend the rakyat's money with care." I told Akunamatata via the telephone.


"What about the price? How much should I tag this book?" Akunamatata asked.

"Any price, just add more zeroes. As you know, they still can't tell whether 6,500,000 is 6.5 million or 6.5 billion. If you are lucky, they may think that 6,500,000,000 is only 6.5 million. All the best and good luck, mate!" and I hung up.

No comments: