Thought of the day

I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Government's promises are like the Ringgit, they depreciate with time.



Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Last Lecture (Book)


I have seen the video clip, now I am reading his book and jotting down some notes as I progress.
  1. "What makes me unique?"

  2. Kids, more than anything else - need to know their parents love them. Their parents don't have to be alive for that to happen.

  3. It's important to have specific dreams.

  4. Have something to bring to the table, because that will make you more welcome.

  5. Fundamentals, fundamentals, fundamentals. You've got to get the fundamentals down, because otherwise the fancy stuff is not going to work.

  6. "If' you're screwing up and nobody says anything to you anymore, that means they've given up on you."

  7. Children self-esteem. It's not something you can give;it's something they have to build.

  8. "I don't believe in the no-win scenario."

  9. The brick walls are there for a reason. There are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.

  10. The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. They're there to stop the other people.

  11. Time must be explicitly managed, like money.

  12. You can always change your plan, only if you have one.

  13. Are you spending your time on the right things?

  14. Develop a good filing system.

  15. Delegate.

  16. Take a time out.

  17. Luck is indeed where preparation meets opportunity.

  18. You'd be amazed at how many nineteen-year-old boys are completely out of ideas when you take sex and violence off the table.

  19. Dream Big.

  20. Earnest is better than hip.

  21. Know when to raise the white flag.

  22. Start by sitting together.

  23. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.

Today I spent one full day reading Randy's book and I think this is the single most productive day of my life:) Thanks to Siew Hong for lending me the book after she loaned from the library and read it.

God bless Jai, Dylan, Logan and Chloe. And Randy, your legacy rocks.

Mom and Dad, I will go get one for the family:)

No comments: