Thought of the day

I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Government's promises are like the Ringgit, they depreciate with time.



Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year


It was a wet morning here in Singapore. Listening to Frank Sinatra's Jingle Bells while sipping hot coffee really set the Christmas mood on.

Will be making my virgin pass through the new JB CIQ, keeping my fingers crossed and hope that it will be a smooth transit.

Back in my working days, we had this guardian angel thingy during Christmas. Each of us will be someone's secret guardian, which in the end we will have to buy a Christmas present for him/her. Likewise, each of us will have an angel (or Secret Santa) and so everyone in the department will hang their wishlists on the Christmas tree hoping that the angels will heed the calls. Due to the suspense, everyone will be guessing who their secret santa was and anticipating the gifts that they will receive. For some who jual mahal and didn't post their wishlist on the Christmas tree, their angels will need to play a little bit harder to anticipate and get the suitable presents for their wards. End of the day, the guardian angels may or maynot choose to reveal their identities.

Best joke I heard is that, there was this guardian who used his personal email account to send a note to his ward, not wanting to reveal his identity:

"You don't know who am I, but I hope you like my gift. Regards, your guardian angel"

with his full name as username displayed...rotflmao.

Merry Christmas to all my dearest kins and friends:)

2 comments:

lionel319 said...

Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you too :)

Gnu said...

Lionel, wishing you a prosperous bull year ahead!