Thought of the day

I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Government's promises are like the Ringgit, they depreciate with time.



Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Deepavali

Something to share from an Indian restaurant CM and I patronized days before Deepavali:

I asked for Strength,
...and God gave me Difficulties to make me Strong.
I asked for Wisdom,
...and God gave me Problems to Solve.
I asked for Prosperity,
...and God gave me Brain and Brawn to Work.
I asked for Courage,
...and God gave me Danger to Overcome.
I asked for Love,
...and God gave me Troubled People to Help.
I asked for Favours,
...and God gave me Opportunities.

I received Nothing I Wanted...
I received Everything I Needed.

Happy Deepavali to All my Friends:)

1 comment:

gibson said...

the quotations are truly inspirational!