Thought of the day

I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Government's promises are like the Ringgit, they depreciate with time.



Saturday, August 1, 2009

1 year vs 50 years








My friends forwarded these clips to me and it really made me wonder what Barisan Nasional, specifically Gerakan and MCA, were doing for the past 5 decades. Half a century is not a short time, if things were done properly, we could be one of the dragons in Asia today.

Was talking to CM this morning about the speeches. Well, she doesn't condone the sarcaism by YB Nga ridiculing Barisan Nasional. But the contributions achieved by Pakatan Rakyat in Perak and Penang in less than 2 years shouldn't be overlooked.

To bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, I think YAB Lim Guan Eng did a great job despite the petty subsidies to the hapless. At the least, now those families can enjoy a fix RM500 income monthly, indifferent of races and religions; which is a vast contradictory to the idea as advocated by our well-respected and beloved Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad recently on his blog, namely to shift the wealth from one particular race to the other. Bluntly speaking, this is daylight robbery.

CM and I daydreamt: What if we have this harbour crossing LRT linking Bukit Mertajam to Penang island, like the one linking Tsim Sha Tsui and Central in Hong Kong? Then we can buy a pretty cheap house at Parit Buntar, drive to the Bukit Mertajam LRT station, board the train to our workplace, everyday. The entire trip may take less than 45 minutes, but what is 45 minutes, if we could skip the Penang bridge jam and commute to and fro between our workplace and our affordably spacious home?

Well, things like this will not happen in a snap and the DAP-led Penang state government is still green. If you ask me, I think their fundamental is quite impressive and they are poised to become a blue chip in the long run. I therefore upgrade it to a BUY in the next coming general election.

No comments: