Thought of the day

I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Government's promises are like the Ringgit, they depreciate with time.



Saturday, April 19, 2008

闭门打狗

Really got to hand it to this iron man. The way he do things is as if he is the premier of Bolehland, not some old fart who came up with catchy slogans, then dozed off in domestic/international conferences, busied marrying himself to the ex-wife of his brother-in-law within less than a year after his wife died, always listen obediently to his Son-in-Law, and launched corridors here, there and everywhere.

When your subordinate screwed up, no matter it is unintended or not , it is only the right thing to correct them and have the courage to apologize. What's there to fear? You've got balls, Uncle Lim. *salute

The March 8 outcome would be a different story, if only the person "barely" clinging to the post now had the guts to do what needs to be done, viz:
  • Shut the dogs up when "bocor" and "monyet" were used to insult MPs in the Parliament. (Sexist)
  • Curb corruption full-heartedly or at least clean up his own closet with the AP Queen and Zakaria Palace first on the list.
  • Rebuke when some minister hoisted, unsheathed and kissed the Malay dagger in political meeting. (Racist)
  • Slap off the idea of legalizing illegal racing by some Big Head of Mat Rempit graduated from Oxford University. (Sheer stupidity)
  • Abort to send some "sus barbatus" to the space and fly kites with tax payers money and claim it as OUR DREAM.

After suffering the blow for more than a month, the BNers are still confusely discussing, wondering, guessing and pointing fingers as to why they had lost in the GE 2008. Haven't I just enlighten them? And mind that what i had mentioned above is just the tip of the iceberg: Judicial crisis, murder of Mongolian model, plunge in universities rating, increase in umemployment rate, sky-rocketing crime rate, inflation...

Action do speak louder than words, not sloganeering. Work with me, not for me...pft.

Aren't I scared of being sued like Rocky Bru or Jeff Ooi or Raja Petra Kamarudin?

Nah, I can easily shake it off with the quote of the century,"It looks like me, sounds like me, but it's not me."

As the adage goes, sometimes you just need to "Close the door and beat the dog".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yup.. it's so frustrating watching all those stupid things happening in our political scene. The Mar8 win, is consoling to all of us, to say the least. Whatever the race we are.

Let's see how long these arrogant kings can continue their ways, before another tsunami comes.

Chic soup mom :)

Gnu said...

Don't worry, I truly believe that the Northern region heralds a better future:)
And I truly thinks that repentance and accountability is very important.