Thought of the day

I thank whatever gods may be / For my unconquerable soul. / I am the master of my fate / I am the captain of my soul. ~William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Government's promises are like the Ringgit, they depreciate with time.



Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Sultan Iskandar CIQ (Part III) - It's gladiator time

Reading the following 2 articles amuses me:

Chaos at new CIQ complex
"The scene here is like that in a war movie, with people walking and running all over. Most of them do not know where to go to take the bus to Singapore."

"Everyone is pushing and trying to get into the bus one way or another. I pity the women and small-sized workers."

"There is no proper signage, nor assistance from immigration officers or complex personnel. They look like they are confused, too. "

"Looks like I will have to get up at least 45 minutes earlier than usual to get through this nightmare every day, even though I already wake at 4.30am every morning just to reach my work place at 7.30am."

Impose law and order on the JB Custom & Immigration Quarantine Complex
"There is no concept of cutting queue, because there is no such thing as a queue. Pushing, shoving and elbowing are the rule. Manners and gentility are the suicidal exception."

"Four to eight people will simultaneously try to force their way into the bus door from every direction. One either joins the gladiatorial mob, or misses the bus. And the next one after that. And the next one, and the next one."

"It doesn't matter in what order you arrive at the bus waiting area - the only criteria that count are brute strength and a willingness to trample your own civility into the asphalt."

"For at current, every visitor and tourist who passes through the CIQ Complex is left with the impression that Malaysia is a nation with First World facilities but a truly Third World mentality."

**********************************************
I can laugh for now, but when the time comes, I hope Buddha will give me enough patience and perseverance to fight this war, to win each treacherous gladiatorial fight in the amphitheatre and the will to refrain from punching the confused immigration officers or complex personnel.
Amitaba-can

No comments: